Effective: December 20th, 2013
Welcome to DESCARTES BIOMETRICS (“DESCARTES BIOMETRICS,” “we,” “us” or “our”).
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information Descartes Biometrics Collects
We collect the following types of information.
- Our unique software collects and analyzes unique physical characteristics of your ear, hand and shoulder motion, and wrist movement to create unique X, Y, Z coordinates for how you use your mobile phone. Our software then creates a unique user profile exclusive to you that adds an extra layer of protection against those who try access to your phone, or private data contained therein.
- Apps do not collect or store any images of your ear. It stores only a mathematical representation of unique points on your ear, and how you hold your phone to your head.
How We Use Your Information
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your use of the Apps;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Apps;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of users, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the DESCARTES BIOMETRICS application on your device.
Sharing Of Your Information
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside DESCARTES BIOMETRICS (or the group of companies of which DESCARTES BIOMETRICS is a part) without your consent.
What happens in the event of a change of control
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We may access, preserve and share any information we have collected about you in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How We Store Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through use of the App will be stored on your device only. You are responsible for ensuring any unique profile created by use of the App has been deleted by deleting the App for your device.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Apps secure and take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, DESCARTES BIOMETRICS cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to DESCARTES BIOMETRICS or guarantee that information on the Apps may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy security of your device, identity, and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and DESCARTES BIOMETRICS, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization or App used in conjunction with our Apps.
How To Contact Us